Safe Environment for children
Our parish, the Diocese of Pittsburgh and the Church as a whole have been educating people about child abuse and ensuring that those who work or volunteer in the church go through basic clearances.
Honestly, this process can be as tedious as it is necessary. Please start with our Checklist and Instruction to get and overall view of the process.
Every Volunteer must complete the Diocesan Database, take the Protecting God's Children Class, as well has have Criminal Clearance, Child Abuse Clearances, and FBI Finger Printing or Waiver. If you are an employee or have direct contact with children, there is the additional requirement of and Mandated Reporter Training.
Checklist and Instructions for our parish click here
To begin or return to the diocesan Safe Environment Database click here
Further Instructions and Documents and Links
- Checklist and Instructions for our parish click here
- Instruction how to register and begin the process for Diocesan Database click here
- Child Abuse Clearance Form and Consent Release click here
- Consent-Release Form for sending Child Abuse Clearances directy to our parish click here
- Instruction how to complete the Child Abuse Clearances Online (only if the Safe Environment Coordinator sent you a "parish code") click here
- Instructions on how to register and receive FBI Finger Printing click here
- Waiver - If you are eligible to sign the Waiver for FBI Finger Printing - print, sign, and then return it to the the parish offices and the Safe Environment Coordinator click here
- Protecting God's Children Classes - sign up for a live class click here or take a class online click here
- Mandated Reporter Training/classes for employees and those with direct contact with children - sign up for live training/classes click here or take training online click here